Colonic Hydrotherapy for Clarity, Balance, and Peace: A life changing experience
Colonic irrigation, or colon hydrotherapy, is considered a holistic approach to eliminating toxins and waste from the body. However, the method of colon cleansing does not only benefit the internal body, but also helps to balance the mind and spirit.
Spiritual Benefits of Colon Cleansing
For every moment in time there is an ending; a constant shift that changes breath by breath. In order to find grounding, we must live in the “now.” The present time immediately becomes the past and the future immediately becomes the present. If we cannot ground ourselves in the “now” we will never experience true peace.
In order to rise above a situation, we must remove the obstacles that stand in our way. Just as a man climbs up a mountain, he passes many obstacles along the way; however, he continues his upward journey until he reaches a plateau or place of salvation. We must therefore remove any impurities that prohibit us from reaching our true state of peace, achieving freedom from suffering.
Yoga to Enhance Our Cleansing and Balance
Practicing yoga not only aids in toning the physical body by focusing on muscle flexibility and strengthening but also works on a more spiritual level by promoting spinal health. Yoga also removes impurities or veils (Vikshepa in Sanskrit) from the mind, causing the body, mind and spirit (our three bodies) to act in sync with one another for optimum health and wellbeing.
In addition, must work on cleansing our inner bodies, not only by eating well, but also by following methods of internal cleansing and detoxification. Cleansing is a simple way to aid ongoing digestive problems, relieve stress, and promote balance.
If you practice yoga you may already be aware of how the physical body reacts to foods, chemicals, toxins, and so forth. Some humans may constantly load themselves with preservatives and animal proteins, highly saturated fats and chemical additives; some may eat until they feel totally full. Both of these sceneries are contributing to weaken the immune system and create illnesses and dis-ease. We may eventually become ill, or develop chronic pains, because we are not releasing these toxins in which we place in our bodies…willingly. Cleansing the internal body is a safe way to remove these toxins.
We feed our bodies and then we rest, however the process is not over. Our bodies immediately begin to digest the foods until the body reaches a state of release; in which at that time the body removes waste and toxins. If you do not experience at least one bowel movement per meal, you may feel irritated and cramped. It’s all a simple process that can be eliminated by internal cleansing.
Cleansing treatments provide a refreshing transformation that purifies the inner body while eliminating toxins and removing impurities. If you practice yoga, meditate, or practice mindful eating, you’ll understand how cleansing our internal body can greatly affect our mood, attitude, and wellbeing.
Practicing in yoga is one of the most enlightening ways to promote balance and reduce stress. The body, mind, and spirit immediately form a union, which results in better sleep, a balancing of moods/attitude towards life, higher realization for what is truly important, as well as the bi-products of a toned, stronger, healthier physical body.
A Personal Story on the Benefits of Colon Cleansing
A female in Miami Beach, Florida, shares her story to help others in their pursuit of internal cleansing and wellbeing.
“I was trying to regulate my bowel movements on a daily basis, suffering from moderate to severe constipation. I was diagnosed with IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), and told by several medical physicians to take stool softeners on a daily basis. This method proved costly and ineffective. I needed an alternative.
After undergoing a juice fast for three days, I decided I needed to begin eliminating toxins. It was more of an intuitional realization that happened during the fast. After feeling a shift in consciousness, I looked up cleansing on the Internet, miraculously, found a local woman who was a licensed colon hydrotherapist who helped my powerful shift by detoxification.
Honestly, after my first colonic, I saw dramatic changes. My skin was clearer; my stomach was free from gas and pain, and I could practice yoga without the feeling of something holding me back. Ultimately, I was able to regulate my digestive system and produce three to four bowel movements per day while only eating two meals, rich in raw greens.
I was also able to stop taking my prescription drugs. It was something that just happened so suddenly following the first session. I knew it was time – after 6 years of being medicated for anxiety and depression – that I needed to take action. My body began rejecting the drugs, which made the process of eliminating the medication rather simple. I had no side effects or adverse reactions; I felt amazing!”
It has now been two months with four colonic irrigation sessions; two per month work well for me. I usually follow a raw juice fast with ancient grains, like quinoa and millet, immediately before, during, and after the session which aids in the elimination process.
Having a colon hydrotherapy session is like taking a bath. It cleans out the internal system so you can function with more clarity and balance. Even if you don’t practice yoga, colonics are an amazing tool to progress spiritually on a more subtle level. You have nothing to lose! It has definitely changed my life.”
All it takes is awareness.
Food to Add and Avoid:
Foods to Avoid:
- Sugar: Refined sugar and mixtures containing refined sugar, including sucrose, dextrose, corn syrup, brown sugar, turbinado. Avoid artificial sweeteners.
- Dairy Products: Milk, butter and other dairy products.
- Wheat: Wheat and products containing wheat.
- Gluten: All gluten-containing grains, including barley, rye, spelt and kamut. Some people are sensitive to gluten, a protein fragment in these grains.
- Caffeine: Coffee, both regular and decaffeinated, black tea, and other drinks containing caffeine should be reduced. Green tea is a great substitute to regular coffee.
Other Foods to Avoid:
- Food additives and preservatives
- High-fat Foods
List of Allowed Foods:
- Fresh Fruit: All fresh fruit.
- Fresh Vegetables: All fresh vegetables. Great detox foods include broccoli, cauliflower, broccoli sprouts, onions, garlic, artichokes, beets, red and green vegetables.
- Rice: Brown or basmati rice, rice cakes, rice crackers and rice pasta.
- Other Grains: Quinoa, amaranth, millet, and buckwheat can be used instead of rice. They can be purchased at a health food store.
- Beans: Split yellow and green peas and lentils are easiest to digest and require the least soaking time. Other acceptable legumes include kidney beans, pinto beans, mung beans, garbanzo beans (chickpeas) and adzuki beans.
- Nuts and Seeds: Unsalted nuts, seeds and nut butters can be sprinkled over any meal. Includes flaxseed, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, almonds, cashews and walnuts. Avoid peanuts.
- Oil: Extra-virgin olive oil
- Condiments: Vegetable salt, sea salt, vinegar, naturally fermented soy sauce or tamari, any culinary herbs or spices, limited amounts of honey.
- Herbal Tea: Herbal non-caffeinated teas, green tea.
- Other Beverages: Water, lemon water, 100% natural fruit and vegetable juices, rice milk
Daily Detox Must Do's
- Drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water per day, warm or room temperature. Water is essential to clear waste from the blood. Thirst is often mistaken for hunger.
- Do not drink liquids around mealtime.
- Dilute fruit juice with 50% water.
- Take the time to chew food well, especially grains.