Welcome to A Master Mark's Praying Mantis, Tai Chi & Qigong School
Aim of School
- To preserve the heritage of the original Jook Lum system as passed on to the fifth generation Master, Gin Foon Mark. Thus, not only is realistic self-defense taught, but also cultural and healthful practices in order to produce a well-rounded human being. This is a rare opportunity to learn an ancient, formerly secret, intact art, transmitted from Master to Disciple, which uses the opponent's strength against him.
- The ultimate goal is not winning tournaments or even self-defense. At first. the student may be interested in self-defense. After years of practice, he forgets about technique and reacts instantly and without thinking to any situation. The final stage is learning to heal yourself and others.
CURRICULUM - Learn anyhwere at a convenient time by web cam!!!
This system was invented for fighting and has not been diluted to a sport. The founder of the system, Sam Dart, was a small, frail-looking monk. He wanted to defend himself from, and defeat, a gigantic, bullying monk, who was a Kung Fu expert. Furthermore, in those dangerous times, monks feared for their lives and did not know if they would return from a journey. Therefore, this system contains many techniques to cover all possible self-defense situations, some of which are not found in other styles. It considers all ranges and distances in fighting and consists of:
- Punching, kicking, striking, clawing; attacking nerves and acupoints
- Classical Chinese weapons in all combat situations (armed and unarmed)
- Chin Na: Seizing techniques such as joint locks, throwing, pinching etc.
- Martial Qigong(Chi Kung):short power, soft-style hand conditioning
- Qigong for stress relief, health, rejuvination, and treatment of diseases
- Chinese Medicine: Study with a traditional Chinese doctor.
- Lion Dancing
- Chinese Painting: seminars featuring Master Mark
Location of School
Cherry Hill, N.J.
Information: Tel. 856 427 4264 or e-mail to MartyEisen@aol.com
Specialties: Qi Gong
, Tai Chi Chuan