Wednesday, August 05, 2009
In order for the Highly Sensitive People to survive this chaotic world, we need to learn to avoid toxic friends and acquaintances. Be on the alert to avoid people who are negative. If you already know some people like that, gradually pull yourself away over a period of time. Below are types of toxic people:
- People who are Downers: No matter what happens in life, these people will never be happy. They always call you up and complain. Nothing is ever going right in their lives. Their constant negativity gradually erodes the joy from your life.
- What you give them will never be enough: They take and take from you, and they always find fault with what you give them so they can guilt you into doing more for them. Sensitive people are giving people, but we get pulled down if we have to over-give all the time.
- People who are manipulative: These people know what strings to pull in order for you to be the puppet in their lives. They will make you feel bad about who you are and what you do for yourself, in order to get you to do what they want.
- Insecure people: These people constantly put others down in order to feel better about themselves. They also tend to be the one that talks bad about others behind their backs.
- Dream Killers: Whatever dream you tell them, they tell you that it is impossible or too difficult. Sensitive people are full of ideas. While most are just an idealistic thought, one good idea can take us places we never dreamed to go.
- Bullies: The best way to avoid bullies is to ignore them and not affected by their verbal attacks. Let them know that they are being ridiculous and that you really aren’t bothered by their action.
- Insincere people: They seem to be nice but they never give you honest opinion, and they are never there when you needed them. Being with these people is a waste of time.
- Parasitic people: They always make others foot the bill and they will have all the excuses to get sympathy. If they are roommates they could skip rent a lot, if they are lovers they will not want to contribute into the relationship, financially or emotionally.
- Narcissistic people: These are the self-centered people who will make sure all their needs are met while ignoring your needs. In their little world, the only person important is themselves. Highly sensitive people need to especially avoid this type of people while dating.
Dr. Harry Hong's comprehensive program specializes in the integration of a variety of natural healing therapies such as energy testing, allergy desensitization, homeopathy, Chinese medicine and acupuncture, enzyme therapy, flower essences, hyperbaric oxygen therapy and much more. The Healing Light Co is committed to provide quality special care to the Highly Sensitive Person with Highly Sensitive Body. We are located at northwest suburb of Chicago and have an Out-of-Town program as well. Form more information, please visit www.highlysensitivebody.com.