Saturday, May 23, 2009
How do I control allergies? There is an easy way and there is a hard way. Easy way addresses symptoms and hard way focuses on root issues. Here is a list of solutions from simple to complex:
- Take medications such as Claritin as well as natural remedies for allergy symptoms such as sinus blockage, mucus, sneezing, cough, itchy eye etc.
- Make some efforts to avoid allergens. Environmental allergies always come together with food allergies.
Allergy is a malfunction of the immune system. Wrong information is stored in the immune memory cells. Identifying and changing the information helps the allergy symptoms, although it does not help to resolve the root issues.
- Avoid common environmental allergens such as dust, pollen, mold, animal hair, chemicals. Clean the house regularly to get rid of dust and mold. Always use natural cleaning agents and avoid pesticides.
- Avoid common food allergens such as dairy, wheat, sugar, corn, soy by eating healthy food and more fruit and vegetables.
Address root issues for allergies: toxins and adrenal stresses
- Identify specific allergies using skin, blood or electrodermal testing
- Treat allergy symptoms with therapies such as allergy desensitization (NAET) or allergy shut etc.
- Toxin is the major cause for allergies. Toxin accumulation in the body leads to hyper sensitivity of the immune system. Detoxifying the liver, intestine and lymphatic system etc is addressing the root issue of allergies. A special program may be needed for those who have a sensitive body because the common detox methods are usually too harsh to the sensitive body and a detox response is often seen during detoxification
- Stress is another cause for allergies. Stressed lifestyle weakens the Hypothalamus-Pituitary-Adrenal System. Malfunction of the adrenal system especially the cortisol leads to the hyper sensitivity of the immune system. Special program supporting adrenal system is a must to treat allergies.
Dr. Harry Hong's comprehensive program specializes in the integration of a variety of natural healing therapies such as energy testing, allergy desensitization, homeopathy, Chinese medicine and acupuncture, enzyme therapy, flower essences, hyperbaric oxygen therapy and much more. The Healing Light Co is committed to provide quality special care to the Highly Sensitive Person with Highly Sensitive Body. We are located at northwest suburb of Chicago area and have an Out-of-Town program as well.