Tuesday, November 03, 2009
Contact with H1N1 is not so much of a problem as proliferation. The only portals of entry are the nostrils and mouth/throat. Due to the stature of this epidemic it is almost impossible not coming into contact with H1N1 in spite of all precautions.
Instead of focusing on how to stock N95 or Tamiflu, you can do the following:
1. Frequent hand washing.
2. Hands off the face approach. Resist all temptations to touch any part of the face unless eating or bathing.
3. Gargle twice a day with warm salt water. H1N1 takes 2-3 days after initial infection in the throat/nasal cavity to proliferate and show symptoms. Simple gargling prevents proliferation. Don't underestimate this simple, inexpensive and powerful preventive method.
4. Clean your nostrils once a day with warm salt water. Blow the nose hard prior to swabbing with q-tips dipped in warm salt water.
5. Boost your natural immunity with foods rich in vitamin C or supplement with Isagenix C-lyte.
6. Drink as much warm liquids as you can. This has the same affect as gargling but in the reverse direction.They wash off proliferating viruses from the throat into the stomach where they can not survive.
Have a happy and healthy day,