Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Natural Organic Spa in St. Petersburg, Fl- Healthy Being Wellness Center offers a wide variety of Chemical Peels.
Chemical peels come in different strengths: mild, medium and deep.
The recovery time after a chemical peel depends on the type of
peel and % of acid used in the peel. Glycolic, Salicylic and Lactic Acid
peels are the most popular because they are mild and have minimal if
any peeling or downtime after the peel.
Common Chemical Peels:
If you are first trying a chemical peel we recommend first starting out with a mild glycolic or salicylic peel.
Acid Peel- A glycolic peel uses the most popular Alpha Hydroxy Acid (a
natural fruit acid, also known as AH). It is a light skin treatment
that gently penetrates the uppermost layer of skin.
Acid Peel- The salicyic peel uses an acid found in many acne fighting
products. It is also a light skin treatment. The primary benefit is
ability to break down sebum, which makes it great for acne sufferers.
The following are much more effective but also more invasive:
- Jessner's Peel - This chemical peel uses a combination of
lactic acid, salicylic acid and resorcinol. It is a bit more aggressive
on the skin than the previous two peelings.
- Trichloracetic Acid (TCA Peel) - A TCA peel is a common
solution for medium to deep peels. The depth of penetration varies
depending on the concentration and amount of solution applied.
Benefits of Chemical Peels:
- Repair skin damage from years of sun exposure
- Repair and remove fine facial lines anywhere on your face
- Removal or decrease of lip creases and crows feet
- Completely peels & removes dry flaky skin
- Minimize appearance of pores
- Improve skin tone and texture
- Remove lesions and improve acne scars
- Improve acne, pimples, black heads, and clogged pores by killing the bacteria.
- Lessen freckles and age spots on face the face or body.
- Remove or lightens sun spots
- Lighten skin and dark spots
Schedule your peel today: 727-502-3464