Friday, January 01, 2010
Text by Deborah Lynne Carlton
Except from Releasing Emotional Patterns with Essential Oils (indented)
Anxiety affects so many people at some level, whether stemming from abuse or from a stressful core belief systems that leads us to fear losing control or being controlled. Simply being alive on planet earth at this time can be stressful.
Anxiety about the future weakens the pancreas and spleen. (The pancreas governs core life issues and survival, the spleen has to do with feeling life is unfair.) Anxiety is also depleting to the adrenals and requires a huge amount of our daily energetic and emotional resource. It keeps us in a state of hyper-vigilance and often hyper-reactivity, thus limiting any true feeling of wellness. People with depleted adrenals may also experience difficulty sleeping.
Therapeutic grade essential oils can be very effective in reducing or eliminating the cause and effect of anxiety, first by calming the nervous system and restoring a sense of peace and equilibrium. Secondly by working into the DNA and emotional centers of the brain where the abuse or core belief memories are held that fuel anxiety.
Single Oils for Anxiety: Geranium, Ylang ylang, Sandalwood
Blends for Anxiety: SARA*, Hope, Joy, Peace & Calming, RutaVaLa, Inner Child, Grounding, Trauma Life, Valor, Forgiveness, White Angelica
Excerpted from Carolyn L. Mein, DC’s phenomenal book, “Releasing Emotional Patterns with Essential Oils:”
- Identify and FEEL the emotion ANXIETY
- Deeply inhale the blend “JOY” taking it into all of your cells.
- Feel the OTHER SIDE of the emotion (Confidence)
- Apply 1 drop of JOY to the Capillary point (Level w/bottom of ribs, 2” lateral to midline), top of head, forehead and base of cranium.
- Focus on the statement *Peace, Be Still*.
- If desired, say the statement until something shifts and you feel it.
- Repeat this process as often as useful. If Anxiety is deeply rooted, that may be 7 times a day for 3 weeks, if that is what it takes to clear the emotion of Anxiety from your life.
The Blend of Joy is formulated to produce the magnetic energy of joy in the heart, mind and soul. It inspires romance and helps overcome deep seated grief and depression and may be useful in times of loss. A drop applied daily to the liver may help ease out long held anger, rage and resentment. Apply a drop of Joy to the heart, navel, behind the ears, wrists, etc., as desired. Joy may also be worn as an alternative to perfume.
For more information about Young Living oils, how to acquire them, email email@example.com