Sunday, February 21, 2010
ABANDONMENT (Fear of)
Text by Deborah Lynne Carlton
Excerpt from “Releasing Emotional Patterns with Essential Oils” indented.
The fear of Abandonment is usually sourced from childhood experiences and often manifests throughout life either in attracting partners who will abandon, or in our own aggressive, sabotaging, clingy behavior which forces them to abandon us. Alternately, we may abandon them before they abandon us. When actively expressing this contractive emotion, inwardly, we abandon ourselves and limit love from being received from its many potential sources.
The fear of Abandonment may be accompanied by a deep belief that relationships do not last, especially in those who experienced the loss of a parent through death, divorce, depression or emotional dysfunction.
Caroline Mein’s book, “Releasing Emotional Patterns with Essential Oils,” is an excellent resource for working with issues of Abandonment.
The opposite of Abandonment is “At-One-Ment”
The “Way Out” Affirmation is “I embrace all of life’s experiences.”
Utilizing the blend called “Lavender” on the Small Intestine alarm point (top of hip bones).
- Identify and FEEL the emotion ABANDONMENT.
- Deeply inhale the oil of “LAVENDER” taking it into all of your cells.
- Feel the OTHER SIDE of the emotion (At-One-Ment)
- Apply 1 drop of LAVENDER to the SMALL INTESTINE POINT, (top of hip bones and across abdomen 1” above navel) plus top of head, forehead and base of cranium.
- Focus on the statement *I embrace all of life’s experiences.*
- If desired, say the statement until something shifts and you feel it.
- Repeat process as often as useful. If feelings of Abandonment is deeply rooted, that may be 7 times a day for 3 weeks, if that is what it takes to clear the emotion from your life.
The Oils of Lavender is considered a “universal healer,” sometimes referred to as the “mother of all healing plants.” Therapeutic grade lavender is useful in combating depression, uplifting and emotionally clarifying while calming and soothing. It is known to balance the sympathetic/parasympathetic nervous system. It contains chemistry known to be antiseptic, antifungal, analgesic, antitumoral, anticonvulsant, vasodilating, anti-inflammatory, reduces blood fat/cholesterol and combats excess sebum on skin. It is effective for all manner of tissue regenerations, burns, cuts, scrapes and wound care and counters hay fever and respiratory symptoms.